Families who want to acquire a green card and spend the rest of their lives in the United States know how dark things can get. There are a lot of legalities involved in getting a green card. The rules are incredibly tough and the procedure must be followed minutely to avoid cancelation of the application. Dallas green card lawyer has curated a list of criteria that you need to meet to get the green card in your hand.
The Eligibility Criteria for Green Card Application
It is not like you will apply for a green card in the government office and you will receive the green card. There are a lot of bars and criteria that you have to meet when you want to meet while applying. You might get overwhelmed and confused with the whole process. Hiring an immigration lawyer to help you with your application and guide you to meet the criteria. Here is a list of things that you will need.
- Details about employment.
- All details about your family relationships.
- Documents if you are a refugee or asylum seeker.
- Documents showing your status of special immigration.
- Proofs of you have eligibility through different avenues.
- Any past record of murder, human trafficking, and victim of abuse.
Documents that you will need for Green Card Application
After you will get a notification that you are eligible for the green card, there are a few documents that you will need to present. These documents are needed for paperwork filling and ensuring that the applicant has verified citizenship. Here is a list of some documents that you will need to provide:
- Document from your employer showing your genuinity.
- Passport photos of the applicant. The background of the photo must be white.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Government issues an identification certificate.
- Proof that you have been a responsible citizen during your stay in America.
- Documents of any kind of immigration category.
- Certificated of any criminal offense that you might have committed in the past.
- If you are separated from your spouse, divorce appears as a successful separation.
- Documents of relationship status with the principal applicant.
The documents mentioned are basic things that you will require. Your immigration lawyer will ask you to provide more documents when required. The immigration authority works based on their instincts. If they doubt you to be suspicious, the process will get harder.